Renovation of a restaurant kitchen is one of the significant investments as it requires balanced layout design, furnishings, equipment purchase and installation. A professional kitchen needs industrial grade appliances that can withstand the intense work schedule. The design and layout of the modern kitchen should allow food to flow smoothly through all areas, from preparation to serving. Remodeling the restaurant kitchen is a crucial element in improving efficiency and ensuring the most profitable commercial activity.
Commercial Kitchen Design & Renovation Services
A commercial kitchen refurbishment typically involves many construction industry professionals such as contractors, interior designers, chefs, and other specialists who make an invaluable contribution to the design and implementation of the project. Hiring a general contractor will ensure your restaurant kitchen meets fire safety and industry standards. A construction company that will remodel a commercial kitchen should first conduct the construction surveying and then define the budget for renovation purposes. A commercial kitchen is a workplace. It has a large capacity, and its design lets cooks, waiters and managers use it safely and efficiently. Therefore, the right project is critical to your company’s success. There are many similarities between kitchens for restaurants, hotels, cafes and pubs. If you are planning to refurbish, renovate or remodel a commercial kitchen, consider the help of a commercial kitchen supply and design specialist. Construction experts will help you with your restaurant kitchen project implementation.
How to Plan a Kitchen in a Restaurant?
To ensure the successful operation of a commercial kitchen, consider factors such as:
- Health and safety standards. Employees as well as customers’ health, safety, and protection largely depend on your decisions. Health and safety standards change frequently, so many restaurateurs remodel commercial kitchens to current regulations.
- Energy-saving. Investing in energy-efficient appliances will not only help to reduce operating costs but also reduce your carbon footprint. Additionally, you can gain clients interested in supporting companies that care about environmental protection and implement sustainable development strategies.
- Maintenance. Proper maintenance of the surface or equipment will save time and money. It will allow you to focus on improving the products and services you offer, which in practice will translate into the development of your restaurant.
- Design of kitchen layout. You should adapt the size of the kitchen to the number of employees. It is also worth considering the anticipated number of employees in the future and leaving room for expansion, which may help to optimize the use of space and maximize profits in the future.
- Innovation. The installation of cabinets, appliances and countertops should be suitable for particular commercial kitchen requirements. It is not uncommon for restaurant kitchens to have a small footprint, so any additional space is desirable.
Intelligent systems for commercial kitchens are efficient, especially if you are a chain restaurant owner. It allows regulations and specifications to be updated immediately. Thanks to innovations in restaurant technologies, kitchen equipment installation can improve food safety and automate repetitive activities, reducing labour costs. The most effective technologies are:
- Food Safety Management Systems help keep food inspectors satisfied by improving food safety compliance and documentation.
- The Internet of Things is a network of physical devices that use a digital connection to communicate. Internet of Things technology implemented in a commercial kitchen can monitor devices and track inventory. Intelligent devices reduce human errors and increase preparation efficiency.
- The kitchen display system is an essential restaurant technology, which replaces old school receipt printers. It also improves communication between teams. Orders appear instantly on the monitor or tablet, so the team doesn’t have to wait for a printed receipt.